Bread Camp – presented by Growing Chefs!
Date: October 20th, 10:00 am - October 21st, 4:00pm
Venue: Growing Chefs Headquarters 460 King St
Location: LondonMore Info
Regenerate 2018 | Bread Camp
Saturday, October 20 – Sunday, October 21, 2018 | London, Ontario
Bread Camp is educating and connecting growers, millers, bakers, chefs and consumers who are creating a rise in demand for local grains. This program will increase a baker’s capacity to procure and utilize regionally grown whole grains to help build and develop the regional foodshed.
Audience: Chefs, Bakers, and those with interest in baking who want to gain more knowledge in the versatility of using grains.
Workshop topics include:
- Learn how a region is building its speciality grain foodshed from farmer to baker to consumer
- Compare commodity grains and speciality grains in baking and pastry applications
- Utilize whole and processed speciality grains in baking and pastry applications
- Utilize honey in baking and pastry applications
- Learn how a professional bakery, Publican Quality Bread, markets its products
- Hear how a farmer and baker collaboration is created
- Work with a wood burning oven
- Define heritage grains and fermentation
- Discuss nutrition of whole grains and fermentation
Sunday, October 21, 2018 | 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM | Wood Fire Baking and WorkshopsLocation: Growing Chefs Headquarters 460 King St, London, ON, N6B1S9
- Hands-on instruction by 2 time James Beard Baking Finalist
- Lunch is provided both days of bread camp
- Bread Camp Swag
- 1 Ticket to Local ingredient Craft Beer Festival happening at London Brewing
- Take home baking foundations book with 13 bread recipes created by Greg for Publican Quality Bread you can use & build upon in your journey